Up to 2,000,000 Euro in TA & Funding
Technical and Business Support
BLENDED FINANCE - CHALLENGE FUND
For Sudanese Farmers, SMEs & startups
Application now OPEN!!
APPLY TO BE PART OF GHAITH RESILIENCE FUND PORTFOLIO
Deadline to apply : 2 December 2023
Use the below Link to apply
Q: What is the Ghaith Resilience Fund ( GRF )?
A: The Ghaith Fund is a financial initiative designed to support the growth and development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) & Startups, as well as small farmers, associations & cooperatives in Sudan, with a focus on post-conflict recovery and sustainable development.
Q: Are there any specific eligibility criteria for the Ghaith Fund?<br />
A: Applicants should be based in the targeted states or planning to expand there, provide proof of identity and relevant supporting documents, and demonstrate a minimum of one year of operational history .
- The product or service responds to a local challenge/s in Sudan and is linked to the sustainable development goals.
- Agriculture, food and Animal production Track
- Renewable Energy Track
- ICT & Digital transformation Track
- General Business Track
Q: What is the application process for the Ghaith Fund?<br />
A: Applications are accepted online through our designated channels or can be submitted in person at our partner offices in the announced states.
Q: What kind of support does the Ghaith Fund offer?<br />
A: The Ghaith Fund offers a combination of financial support in a blended finance format totalling to 2 million Euros , including recovery funds & matching grants, access to additional capital & investors as well as technical assistance to eligible projects/businesses that align with the fund goals of economic revitalization and sustainable development. At the same time, Ghaith Fund serves as a bridge between these entrepreneurs & farmers, and the extended private sector and investors, which offers a great benefit to all partners involved.
Q: What are the different categories under the Ghaith Fund ?
A The Ghaith Fund is structured into three main categories, each category provides different funding cap and amount that you can apply for . each catering to different types of beneficiaries with specific eligibility criteria:
Category 1 – Associations and Cooperatives:
- Target Beneficiaries: This category is primarily aimed at members of women’s associations, productive organizations, or cooperatives.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be based in Gedaref, Kassala, or the Red Sea State, or be willing to relocate their business operations to one of these states. They need to provide proof of identification and relevant supporting documents and be engaged in an Income Generating Activity . For this category, the grant matching requirement is less than 10% of the grant amount.
Category 2 – Informal MSMEs and Smallholder Farmers:
- Target Beneficiaries: This category targets informal Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) or smallholder farmers operating under 5 feddans.
- Eligibility Criteria: Similar to Category 1, these beneficiaries must be based or willing to relocate to the designated states. They must also provide identification and supporting documents, have at least a 1-year operational history, and be engaged in an income generating activity. The grant matching requirement for this group ranges from 15% to 30% of the grant amount.
Category 3 – Formal SMEs and Larger Smallholder Farmers:
- Target Beneficiaries: This category is designed for formal SMEs or smallholder farmers operating on land ranging from 5 to 100 feddans.
- Eligibility Criteria: In addition to being based or willing to relocate to Gedaref, Kassala, or the Red Sea State, these applicants must demonstrate a minimum of 1 year of operational history and engagement in business activity. The grant matching requirement for this category is between 30% and 40% of the grant amount.
Q: What is the expected contribution from applicants regarding funding?
A: Applicants are required to contribute a certain percentage of matching funds, which varies depending on the category they fall under. For the first category, it’s less than 10%; for the second category, between 15% to 30%; and for the third category, between 30% to 40%.
Q: Is there support available for applicants during the process ?
A: Yes, for the shortlisted once from the initial selection phase, we provide guidance and technical assistance to applicants to help them develop initial business plans, find right support & identify matching funding requirements in order to prepare for submitting the full funding application and further subsequent stages of the funding process. Upon granting the funding, the technical assistance will be provided in order to support implementation and success of the projects/businesses.
Special thanks to funders,donors & Partners